The sale guidelines listed below were presented by Ned Strange at the May SVMGA meeting. The membership agreed to the sales guidelines with minor modifications.
SVMGA Consignment Sales Guidelines as of June 2013:
- Sales fees for members will be $1.00 per head (this fee will be collected on the day of the sale).
- Sales fees for non-members will be $5.00 per head (this fee will be collected on the day of the sale) — non-members can join on sale day for standard membership fee of $20.00.
- Goats and Sheep MUST BE consigned 10 days prior to sale.
- This can be done by calling Ag Director, 476-3066.
- Consignee is expected to bring the number of livestock consigned; additional animals will be considered on a space available basis.
- All goats and sheep must have a scrapie tag.
- Goats and sheep must not have been administered worming medication 30 days prior to sale.
- All goats and sheep must be in good health (animals deemed ill can be rejected by buyer on the day of the sale).
- All goats and sheep should be no less than grade two, others will be considered at discretion of the buyer.
- On the day of the sale the producer/consignee MUST bring the completed producer’s sale form listing each animal and related information. (This form is available on the SVMGA website or by contacting the Ag Director, 476-3066).
- On the day of the sale all livestock must be brought to the Ag Center between 8:00 and 10:00 am unless otherwise posted.